Sunday, January 26, 2014

Deutsch-Ostafrika: European Settlers

I'm getting ready for a colonial Africa game with axabrax next weekend, so I'm trying to get some of my WWI Africa purchases painted up that will look appropriate for this earlier period. As such, I've recently finished some European settlers:


These figure are Boers from Warlord's Anglo-Zulu War 1879 line, so are perfect for this earlier era.  There are four poses, with eight separate heads to allow for more variety.  Casting was very clean, with minimal mold lines and flash. The heads fit very well, and there were no unsightly gaps.

The figures are slightly smaller than African figures by other manufactures that I own:
L to R: Foundry, Copplestone, Warlord, Brigade
However, I don't think the height different is so significant that you will notice it when looking down at the table.


Though these figures are 30 years too early for when they will see most of their action, there are not many Europeans out there to choose from, and I highly doubt that simple people out in the colonies are going to be wearing the latest in European styles. 

Now we'll just have to wait and see how they perform on Saturday!



1 comment: